This was another one of those ‘ooo – I wonder if I can make’ moments – I may go for a slightly smaller version next time and save this mammoth sized one for when I have a few more than two people to feed!
300g strong white bread flour
1/2tspn fast action dried yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tspn salt
Several cloves of garlic
Rather a lot of butter
Jar of pizza sauce
What to do:
1) Put the yeast, flour, olive oil, salt and water (yeast first) into the breadmaker and choose the pizza dough setting
2) While the breadmaker is doing it’s thing, crush the garlic gloves into a dish of slightly softened butter and squish together (or use a fork, it’s really up to you!) until you have garlic butter
3) Transfer dough onto a floured surface, knead for a bit, and the roll out to make a pizza shape – transfer this to a lightly greased baking tray
4) Spread the garlic butter over the pizza dough, spread pizza sauce over that, and then sprinkle the grated mozzarella over that.
5) Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 15 mins at 200°C (180°C fan), or until the cheese is melted and golden and the dough is just starting to brown at the edges
6) Serve with whatever you feel like